Magento has good built-in customization options for shipping, but you are bound to face certain limits in the default version. If you need a more sophisticated configuration of your shipping routines (for instance, handling various groups of items differently), you're going to need third-party solutions. One of them is Calcurates
, a Magento extension for e-commerce that shows correct shipping rates to your customers. Calcurates
can help you make your online business more cost-effective:
- It adds UPS address validation to Magento, which allows for checking the alphanumeric postcodes the customer puts in and ensuring that there were no mistakes and that the shipment will be delivered to the correct address
- You can automatically provide customers with the proper UPS tracking number
- It accounts for all the restrictions and current discounts
- It helps you calculate rates beforehand and creates a price table for you and your customers to use
- You can use specific rules and assign attributes to various groups of goods
effectively serves as the primary shipping engine for your online store. After activating the extension in the admin sidebar in Magento, you will be able to set up Calcurates
through a proprietary dashboard.
The home page of the dashboard has six easy steps outlined for first-time users to get everything started. We recommend following the steps to get everything working correctly.